If you are looking to further your education for personal enrichment, are 60 years young, retired, and not working full-time, then you may be eligible for the Golden ID Program. The Golden ID Program permits Maryland residents 60 years of age and older to take graduate courses at little cost. Golden ID students will be responsible for paying some fees, while tuition is waived.
Qualified individuals may apply as degree-seeking, post-baccalaureate certificate, or non-degree seeking students. To apply, follow the same instructions for degree, certificate, and non-degree applicants.
- Must be at least 60 years young at time of registration.
- Must be an in-state resident of Maryland.
- Must be retired and not employed full-time.
To be considered for Golden ID status, please complete the eligibility form listed below. You may call our office during business hours at 410-455-2537 or email us directly at GradSchool@umbc.edu.
Please Note – The following programs are not available to students utilizing Golden ID benefits:
- Online Master of Science in Information Systems
- Online Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Master of Arts in Instructional Systems Development and related Certificate programs:
- Distance Education
- Instructional Technology
- Instructional Systems Development
- Master of Science in Engineering Management or Systems Engineering
- Master of Arts in Education or Management of Aging Services
- Master’s in Professional Studies with any of its tracks
- Data Science
- Entrepreneurship Innovation & Leadership
- Geographic Information Systems
- Health Information Technology
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Technical Management
The preceding exclusions also apply if the student is pursuing a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate or not pursuing a degree. UMBC reserves the right to exclude other programs from Golden ID eligibility.