The goal of the program prepares students from a wide range of disciplinary backgrounds for careers in data science. In the core courses, students will receive a fundamental understanding of data science through classes that highlight machine learning, data analysis and data management. The core courses will also introduce students to ethical and legal implications surrounding data science.
Beyond the core courses, students will take three courses in domain specific pathways developed in collaboration with academic departments across the university. Through these pathways, students will be able to utilize the skills and techniques learned in the core courses within their own field or area of expertise.
Degrees Offered: M.P.S.
Data Science Analytics
Department: Computer Science & Electrical Engineering
Part-Time or Full-Time: Full-time and Part-Time
Online or On Campus: On Campus
- A bachelor’s degree in any subject and 3.0 GPA or above on a 4.0 scale.
- Candidates must have academic or professional experience equivalent to basic programming courses.
- Prospective students must have also completed the following courses at the undergraduate or graduate level:
- One semester of statistics
- Calculus I or II (depending upon track)
- Statement outlining the student’s goals and expectations in the program.
- Current resume
- Recommendation letters (optional)
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- GRE is not required
Term of Admission: Fall and Spring
Domestic Application Deadlines: August 1 (Fall admission), December 1 (Spring admission)
Graduate Program Director:
Ergun Simsek, firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Program Coordinator: