An application fee is required for online and paper submissions before an application will be processed. Exceptions to this policy are for current Peace Corps volunteers, Horizons participants, McNair Scholars, Project 1000 applicants, and employees of UMBC whose application fees are automatically waived.
Online Applications – $50
An application fee of $50 is required for online submissions. The application fee can be paid during the online process after all information has been filled out and submitted. Please note that your billing address for the payment must match your Permanent Address as marked on the application. If you experience any issues during the online payment process, please contact the CollegeNET Helpdesk.
Application Fee Exceptions
Aside from the qualifying instances mentioned above, there are a few exceptions to the application fee submission for returning students. While you may still be required to submit a new application, the fee will be refunded after the submission of the new application through CollegeNET. To make your fee refund request, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A new application fee is NOT required if you are one of the following:
- Non-degree student applying for a degree-seeking status.
- Non-degree student returning after an absence of one (1) or more semesters (contact the Graduate School for reinstatement)
- UMBC undergraduate student applying to the Accelerated Program.
- Degree-seeking individual changing their application to a different program before admission decision is made.
- Master’s applicant changing application to doctoral program (same program) before being admitted.
- Master’s student applying to doctoral program (same program) after enrolling.
- Doctoral student changing to Master’s program.
All other applicants must pay the application fee, which must be paid at time of submission before the application will be processed.