Graduate Students will apply for Graduation online through myUMBC. In addition to the online application, a supplemental application, required to order your diploma, will be sent to you via your UMBC email account.
You may apply to graduate for the indicated term between the date window. The required supplemental application is due by the indicated date, and will be emailed to you after your formally apply for graduation.
- August Graduation
- Apply to Graduate: April 1 – June 15
- Supplemental Application Due: June 30
- December Graduation
- Apply to Graduate: July 1 – September 15
- Supplemental Application Due: September 30
- May Graduation
- Apply to Graduate: December 1 – February 15
- Supplemental Application Due: March 1
The application process is not complete until the supplemental application is submitted by the above deadlines.
- Contact your Advisor and/or Graduate Program Director and review the courses that will be used to fulfill your degree requirements.
- Resolve any grades of “D”, “F”, or blank.
- Resolve any grade of “I” and “NG” if applied to any course needed toward degree.
- Your GPA must be 3.0 or above.
- Review your degree and program information and verify that it is correct.
Instructions for Completing the Online Application for Graduation
- Log into myUMBC or go directly to the Online Graduation Application
- Click on Topics
- Click on Classes and Grades
- On the Classes and Grades Screen, click on Graduation Application
- Follow the Instructions on the screen
The following images are screen shots of the process for your reference.
*If you are applying to receive a certificate/diploma that is not listed because you have not been formally admitted to that certificate/degree program, then you will need to complete either:
- Application for Enrollment in a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program, or
- Application for Enrollment in a Master’s Degree Program
These applications can also be found on the Student Forms section of our website.
You will receive a supplemental application via your UMBC email.