Orientation programs are offered each January and August for graduate students entering UMBC in the upcoming semester. Orientation for the Fall 2021 semester is now online. Admitted students can access orientation through Blackboard.
- Sign into your UMBC Blackboard account. (This will have the same credentials as your myUMBC account, so make sure you have that set up first.)
- Select “Organizations” on the left-hand side of the Blackboard dashboard.
- Select “Organization Catalog” in the upper right-hand corner of the Organization page to search organizations in our Blackboard system.
- Type “Graduate School Orientation” into the search bar and click “Go.”
- Select the downward arrow next to the Organization ID and click “Enroll.” When prompted, use the access code UMBC21.
- From the self-enrollment page, click “Submit” to enroll in the organization.
- Navigate back to the Blackboard Organization page, and click “Graduate School Orientation.”
- Click the “Content” tab on the left-hand side of the screen, then click “Graduate School Orientation” once again. You’re in!
Shady Grove students will receive information on orientation in Rockville. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding UMBC-Shady Grove orientations.
The International Student and Scholar Service also sponsors a separate orientation specifically for new international students.
Please contact your department directly to learn if they are hosting a program-specific orientation.