All New Students
Orientation programs are offered online asynchronously for graduate students entering UMBC. Admitted students can access orientation through Blackboard.
- Sign into your UMBC Blackboard account. (This will have the same credentials as your myUMBC account so make sure you have that set up first.)
- Select “Organizations” on the left-hand side of the Blackboard dashboard.
- Select “Organization Catalog” in the upper right-hand corner of the Organization page to search organizations in our Blackboard system.
- Type “Graduate School Orientation” into the search bar and click “Go.”
- Select the downward arrow next to the Organization ID and click “Enroll.” When prompted, use the access code GRADORIENTATION.
- From the self-enrollment page, click “Submit” to enroll in the organization.
- Navigate back to the Blackboard Organization page, and click “Graduate School Orientation.”
- Click the “Content” tab on the left-hand side of the screen, then click “Graduate School Orientation” once again. You’re in!
Shady Grove students will receive information on orientation in Rockville. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding UMBC-Shady Grove orientations.
The International Student and Scholar Service also sponsors a separate orientation specifically for new international students.
Please contact your department directly to learn if they are hosting a program-specific orientation.